Thursday, January 8, 2009

Practical Reigns as Posh




Bonne Anne!

I am probably the last one to wish you the best this new year, seeing as this post is so late! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season. I find myself very optimistic for 2009 and all our futures. You have to break some eggs to make an omelet. That's the stage we seem to be in right now.

I am going to attend an altered book club meeting this weekend. It's a White Elephant exchange. (You know where everyone brings in a dud of a gift and exchanges it for something someone else has brought in.) I have to say there were no duds this year!!! I think we are all putting extra time into our gift giving. As pennies are tight people really seem to be all the more conscientious that there gifts be useful. In my book, practical reigns as posh.

So I think I will just grab a candle from my shop, VC. These are from the last factory in France that still makes its candles by hand. The Orange and Cinnamon will be just the thing to get us through the rest of the winter. (Long burning, gorgeous long lasting fragrance) $22.00. And I promise worth every cent. (I just hope my White Elephant friend is not disappointed to get something I love rather than a discard).

We are also exchanging ATC'S. If you like me are uninitiated to this, they are Artist Trading Cards. They are traded and collected 2 1/2 x 3 1/2" cards and you can paint, draw, embellish, collage and plain just go nuts. We were giving the theme "Resolution". This is the one I made. It's my first effort so I am pretty happy with it.

1 comment:

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

I love that. Thank you for sharing!